Freelancer gate Policies
- In freelancer gate, we believe that a good community has clear rules. Here are the policies for our website regarding different aspects of the platform. Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and, as we grow, freelancer gate rules will evolve too.
- Remember that the use of freelancer gate is governed by our terms and conditions and our user agreement. Policies are an addition to the documents cited above.
- As always, we welcome your comments.
- Behavior on the website
- The communication through messages should always be cordial. Abuse or insults between users will not be tolerated.
- Do not sharecontact information (email, phone, skype, etc.). We understand that there are occasions when it is necessary. Always try to establish clear points through Freelancer gate, so that our collateral may be applied where necessary.
- Respect the privacy of messages and Freelancer gate projects. What happens in Freelancer gate stays in Freelancer gate. Unless you have obtained written permission from the other party, you cannot make public any posts or content from the work.
- Spam will not be accepted in any form. Remember that every time you spam, God kills a kitten.
You will not post projects, messages or content on the website about:
- pornography and content unsuitable for minors,
- violent content,
- content related to racial intolerance or attacks on a particular group or organization,
- content that includes excessive profanity,
- content related to hacking,
- content related to casinos and gambling,
- drug-related content and related articles,
- content related to the sale of weapons or ammunition (eg.: firearms, firearm components, knives or stun guns),
- content related to the sale of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods and other items,
- Malicious software’s (viruses, spyware, etc.),
- Or any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes the legal rights of others.
Policies for the publication of projects
- If a job is in violation of any of freelancer gate policies, it will be removed from the website. The client is free to re-publish the work if the violation is corrected.
- The most common reasons for the removal of work ads on freelancer gate are:
- It violates the terms of service of another company or entity.
- It asks vendors for unpaid work.
- The content violates section 2 of these policies.
- Payment is offered outside freelancer gate payment platform.
- Payment is based on commission or compensation in shares.
- It violates the integrity of an academic institution, including homework, writing essays for school, exams or submitting applications.
- It should not contain personal or contact information.
- It should not promote other services or products.
- It should not be used to find full-time employees.
Publishing Guide project
- The needs and skills required to complete the project must be clear.
- It must be written properly and completely.
- You must answer workers’ questions and update the job description.
- Only accept proposals when you have a clear job description, well-defined milestones, exact timing and payment terms.
- Evaluate multiple proposals based on criteria that are important to you, experience as a worker, education, portfolio, certifications, references, feedback from previous clients, location, communication, style and cost.
- Ask the worker to establish the conditions, define milestones and payments.
- Ask about the worker’s office hours and about their standard response times.
- Once you have hired someone for your project, log in to the site to manage their work.
- Penalties for violation of a Policy
- will suspend or close the accounts of members who violate its policies.
- For publication violations offering jobs / projects, they will be removed from the site. Repeated violations of our policies will result in account termination.
- For workers’ violations, the minimum penalty is a suspension of 15 days. For major violations, such as plagiarism, avoiding fee payments, manipulating comments or repeated violations of our policies, the worker’s account is subject to immediate termination.